Joy Visualized

Joy Visualized

Friday, January 6, 2012

Epiphany and the Start of something new

Okay, Ann Voskamp, your book showed me the importance of gratitude---of seeking eucharisteo daily.  And with its carefully penned words, God changed how I think.

And now, there this challenge---to record ONE THOUSAND gifts in one year.  With three specific things each day to find---like a thankfulness scavenger hunt.  And even better, with PICTURES!!!

It always takes me a bit to get my goals for the year set up.  And Epiphany is kind of my deadline.  So here goes a year of Gratitude (with a bit of catch-up involved)...

January 1st:  "Three things about yourself you are grateful for"

#1 My smile...however imperfect, it is my belief that God enjoys seeing it.


#2 My hands...like my Dad's and how I am able to serve my family.


#3 My Journal Habit...it's my very own.

January 2nd:  "A gift outside, inside, on a plate"



#4 Fun on bikes

#5 Coffee



#6 An Easy Breakfast

January 3rd:  "3 lines overheard that were graces"


 #7  ELLA:  "I keep telling my bike that she's the best bike ever."  (Thankfulness)


#8  JACK:  "When I grow up, I'll be just like Daddy."  (Role Models)



#9  LUCY:  "Can I cut paper?"  (Pure Joy)


January 4:  "One gift old, new, and blue"



#10  Grandmother's Nativity  (Terrance was not part of the original set)



#11 My yoga bag (Thanks, Momma)




#12 A clear, blue sky in January

January 5:  "Something you're reading, you're making, and you're seeing"



#13  Jesus Calling (on a recommendation from my brother)


#14  Edwards Family Binder (in progress)





#15  Bed Heads

January 6:  "One thing in your bag, your fridge, your heart"


#16  Prescription Sunglasses



#17 Sugar-free Hazelnut Creamer


#18 EUCHARISTEO!!!

2 comments:

  1. Except for Yoga Bags and Creamer I am thankful for all those things too... :) Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful way to count your blessings. I love the photos! What a gift this will be for your children.

    ReplyDelete